Copyright governs how to use someone else's work. If you want to use someone else's material in your own work, the permission of the copyright holders is always required. In addition, a properly specified reference is required. No permission is required to refer to someone else's work from their own work.

Through agreements concluded between Swedish universities and Bonus Copyright Access, teachers are permitted to share and distribute copyrighted material for educational purposes at the University by

a) digital save on the University's closed network (e.g. Lisam),
b) use copied material in presentations such as PowerPoint,
c) save and distribute digital presentations at the University's closed network and via email,
d) hand out paper copies to registered students.